Intended for communication and information officers in the public and private sectors who would like to upgrade their knowledge and skills in planning communication campaigns to generate awareness and increase knowledge of audiences on development programs and issues.
- What is Communication?
- Forms of Communication
- Understanding the Communication Process
- The Effective Communication Process
- Communication as a Project/Program Resource
- Why communication is necessary to ensure project success
- Introducing Communication for Development
- Understanding Communication Resources
- Folk Media
- Mass Media
- New Media
- Preparing a Communication Plan
- What’s in a Communication Plan?
- Phases of Communication Planning
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Process Documentation
- How to conduct participatory planning (some tips)
- A review of Communication Plans
- Online discussion
- Exercises and debriefing