The AIJC library plays an important role in the graduate school. In support of the AIJC’s goals and objectives, it has set for itself the following objectives:
- To maintain a comprehensive and adequate library collection on various (social science) disciplines, particularly communication media;
- To make available and accessible updated, adequate and quality print and electronic learning resources such as books, journals, periodicals, AV cassettes and CDs to graduate students, trainees, faculty, research and administrative staff.
- To electronically link the Institute with knowledge centers (i.e., libraries, museums, databanks) worldwide through Internet access.
- To document and store publications, research studies, editorial materials, conferences and forum proceedings developed by the Institute; and
- To initiate resource materials exchange, particularly on communication, with international, national and local resource and academic institutions.
The AIJC library is an integral part of the whole Institution. Its goals and objectives support the institutional mission and vision. Organized in l980, the library has in its collection approximately 8,000-volume specialized materials on communication and journalism and related social disciplines.
Its specialized collections consist of books, theses, periodicals, vertical files, audio-visual materials and CD-ROMS, among others.