This online training comes in eight modules and situates communication in the context of national development. It aims to teach learners how to craft a communication plan that truly works. It tackles the strengths and challenges of current strategies and techniques to enable the learners to come up with the best fit for their communication campaigns. Exercises are provided at the end of each module to enable the learner to immediately apply the knowledge gained.
The course is self-paced. An enrollee may start accessing the modules once the username and password are given. The course should be completed within 30 calendar days from Day 1.
Who Should Attend
This training is recommended for information officers, public affairs officers, and public relations officers who are carving careers in corporate communication and desire to learn the techniques in crafting communication plans.
Module 1: What change do I want to make through communication?
Planning for 21st Century Communication
Module 2: What is the context of my plan?
Analyzing the Situation
Module 3: What do I want to address through communication?
Identifying the Communication Problem
Module 4: Who am I talking to?
Defining the Plan’s Stakeholders
Module 5: What do I want to achieve and how?
Setting Objectives, Strategies, and Channels
Module 6: What do I want to say?
Crafting Messages that Work
Module 7: What resources must I have?
Allocating Resources for the Plan
Module 8: How do I know if I am on track?
Keeping Track of the Plan’s Progress
The training is self-paced and is accessible through a Learning Management System in the AIJC website. Enrollees will be given a username and password to access the modules in the LMS. They may work on the module exercises anytime and these will be reviewed, checked and scored by the Learning Facilitator.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- demonstrate how situation analysis is done;
- differentiate between communication and operational issues;
- convert communication objectives into SMART objectives;
- clearly distinguish between partners, allies, and stakeholders;
- craft key messages based on learners’ understanding of audience;
- differentiate outputs from outcomes;
- develop a monitoring and evaluation tool for the communication plan;
- link evaluation results to communication objectives; and
- put together a communication plan aligned with their corporate priorities.
Course fee is PHP13,320.00 per participant.