The online training is aimed at preparing the communication manager for the challenging task of managing issues before these escalate into crisis situations for the organization. It takes a deep dive into the major differences between issues management and crisis communication, features case studies in the local and global settings, and tackles best practices in handling and managing crisis communication to further enrich the learning sessions.
The training is scheduled on September 23 to 24, 2021.
Who Should Attend?
The course is ideal for communication managers who want to learn more about managing issues, executing crisis communication strategies, developing powerful messaging during crisis situations, and harvesting the lessons from past crises in preparation for the next one.
Module 1: Defining an issue and its elements
Module 2: Knowing how issues develop into a crisis
Module 3: Managing issues before they become crisis situations
Module 4: Differentiating crisis communication from crisis management
Module 5: Recognizing crisis: elements and types
Module 6: Handling and managing crisis
- Strategizing the media platform
- Crafting messages
- Preparing the spokesperson
- Monitoring public feedback
Module 7: Adversity / fatality communication
Module 8: Analyzing local and foreign case studies
Module 9: Working with media in crisis situations
Module 10: Preparing for the next possible crisis
- Case studies
The training will be conducted using online video-conferencing facilities that will be hosted by AIJC. The link to the training session will be shared only with the Resource Person and the training participants for uninterrupted learning. Participants need to ensure their access to reliable internet connectivity during the training sessions.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- differentiate between issues management and crisis communication;
- manage issues before these become crisis situations;
- craft and implement a crisis communication plan;
- develop appropriate messages for crisis situations;
- understand the role of media in crisis situations; and
- assess the preparedness of the organization in handling and managing crisis.
PHP15,000.00 inclusive of VAT