This is a two-day, online course designed to enhance the writing and editing skills of participants so they can produce technical documents
that deliver the message clearly. It combines lectures with writing exercises, critique of outputs, and coaching to ensure that participants
apply the lessons gained.
The sessions will be on 26-27 August, 2021.
The public and our participants will be informed if there are changes in the training schedule.
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for supervisors or managers who review and edit terms of reference, concept notes, position papers, or similar manuscripts intended for internal or external audiences.
Module 1: Principles of Clear and Effective Writing
Module 2: Content, Format, and Style for Selected Technical Documents
Module 3: Principles of Editing
Module 4: Creating Powerful Presentation Materials
- Participant interface
- Presentation of outputs
- Individual exercises
- Critique of outputs
Jonalou San Juan Labor, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication
Department of Communication Research
College of Mass Communication
University of the Philippines
The training will be conducted using online video-conferencing facilities that will be hosted by AIJC. The link to the training session will be shared only with the Resource Person and the training participants for uninterrupted learning. Participants need to ensure their access to reliable internet connectivity during the training sessions.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- apply the principles of clear and effective writing in the manuscripts they work on;
- differentiate Terms of Reference from Concept Notes, Position Papers, and Project Proposals in terms of format and standard contents;
- identify the basic principles of editing and know when to apply them;
- implement editing changes in manuscripts while maintaining consistency and style; and
- demonstrate proficiency in producing presentation materials.
Course fee is PHP13,800.00 per person. Desired class size is at least 10 and a maximum of 20 participants. For in-house training, course fee and schedule may change based on the client’s customized needs and availability.