The training aims to introduce writers to basic speechwriting concepts and techniques and its application to their current jobs. Through writing exercises and critiquing sessions, the participants will have a better appreciation of the art of speechwriting.
The training will be conducted on May 03, 2021.
Who Should Attend
Information writers, public relations officers, executive assistants, technical staff members and other key personnel tasked to write speeches and messages for their principals will greatly benefit from this training.
Module 1: Introduction
How is speechwriting different from regular writing?
- The spoken word: cadence and rhythm
- Repetition and other rhetorical devices
- Types of speeches
Module 2: Organizing your information
Preparatory work is needed for a decent speech
- Clarifying the purpose
- Profiling the audience and the speaker
- Determining tone of speech
- Outlining your speech
Module 3: Writing the Speech
Writing the first draft
- Emphasizing key points
- Embedding your principal’s public speaking style
- Using appropriate language
Module 4: Tips and Tricks
Practical tips from a professional
- Salutations and other mandatories
Drafting a speech for critiquing
- Participant interface
- Critique of writing outputs
- Writing exercise
The training will be conducted using online video-conferencing facilities that will be hosted by AIJC. The link to the training session will be shared only with the Resource Person and the training participants for uninterrupted learning. Participants need to ensure their access to reliable internet connectivity during the training sessions.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- identify the key elements to consider when writing a speech; and
- write better speeches and messages.
Course fee is PHP6,500.00 per participant.